People have sought to refine and improve their mental processes for thousands of years through methods like yoga and meditation.
Now you can learn to train your brain with a technique known as neurofeedback.
Neurofeedback allows you greater control of your mind by teaching you how to bring about a preferred, healthier brainwave state at will.
It can help you be more relaxed, happy, and focused.
Moreover, it’s been proven beneficial for numerous mental health and stress-related conditions.
6 Benefits of Neurofeedback
Here are some of the major benefits of learning and using neurofeedback:
- For many stress-related conditions, neurofeedback can stop stress by teaching you how to reduce the stress response.
- Mental disorders like depression and anxiety have reached epidemic levels and the standard medical treatments, drugs and therapy, have largely been a failure.
Neurofeedback offers a viable alternative when prescription medications can’t be used, haven’t worked, or have had unacceptable side effects.
It’s been used successfully to treat a wide range of mental health and brain-related disorders including anxiety, ADHD, autism, depression, eating disorders, epilepsy, memory loss, learning disabilities, insomnia, substance abuse, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and traumatic brain injuries. (2, 3)
- Neurofeedback is a learnable skill that, once mastered, can help you for a lifetime.
- Improvements made through neurofeedback in one area of your life can carry over into others.
- Learning neurofeedback is empowering — it puts you in charge of your own mental health.
- Neurofeedback is not hard to do and can be learned by anyone from kids to seniors.
The first studies on neurofeedback were performed on cats with epilepsy.
It was discovered that cats could be trained to alter their brain waves to reduce their number of seizures.
If cats can do it, so can you!
Read Full Article on Be Brain Fit
For more articles like this please sign up for our eTips by liking us on Facebook and giving us your email for our Newsletter.