Monitor Your Child’s Activity Online
Kids today spend lots of time online. Consider establishing the following rules to keep your child safe:
- No computer in your child’s bedroom. Keep it out in the open. That goes for tablets and cell phones, too.
- No posting personal information—like last names or school names.
- No choosing an email address or screen name that reveals your child’s identity.
- No arranging face-to-face meetings with online “friends.”
- No random surfing. Visit parent-approved sites only.
- No uploading or downloading apps or files without permission.
- No clicking on pop-up ads or visiting adult chat rooms.
- No secrets. If your child sees something upsetting, she must tell you.
We believe in addition to keeping your children safe, cultivating these practices will make for a better more meaningful relationship between you and your children.
For more tips like this please sign up for our eTips and Newsletter. It may take a few days until your first piece of correspondence is received.